Monday, December 29, 2014

Making some Junkanoo Instruments

Up at 0830.  Slept well last night with calm seas again.  Weather has been great today as well.  Met up with some of the locals and made these tambourine-type things from bits of driftwood, shells, and flattened bottle caps.  Painted with the bahamian black blue and yellow, they'll be ready for Junkanoo. They are being sold for a local charity, Every Child Counts, who work to educate children with autism.

Few boats outside anchored near me, love that feeling like my neighborhood is constantly moving around and changing.  I get to meet new folks daily.  Kids have been trowing firecrackers all day and little festivals and gaherings continue today.

Developing a bit of a sore throat, so I'll take it easy at the bar for a couple of days and see how it goes.  Should have the meds I need just in case. 

All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment