Friday, December 19, 2014

Diving off Delias Cay

Woke up at about 0400 due to choppy conditions at north Man O War.  Wind has been a comfortable 5-10mph from the NW throughout the day.  Thankfully the sea calmed down around 0700 and I got a couple hours of sleep in the cockpit and awoke the same perfect weather I have been experiencing since I've been back.

                                              Anchorage at Man O War

It doesn't look like I will get the SE tail wind I was hoping for to help me up to Green Turtle Cay tomorrow...as a matter of fact, it doesn't look like there will be any wind at all.  I figured I'll just motor up there and why not start today.  Motored up to Fisher's Bay at Great Guana Cay at about 5kts will smooth conditions the entire way.

After arriving at Guana, I took a little dinghy trip to a nearby rock sticking out of the water f of Delias Cay.  Did a little snorkeling and was surprised to see a variety of critters down there.  Plenty of Angelfish, Lionfish and Queen Triggerfish.  I was also lucky enough to find a couple good sized conch for dinner.  Tasty.



Tonight I'll get a drink at Grabbers or Nippers and get some rest for tomorrow.  Will probably be at Green Turtle mid-afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment