Sunday, January 4, 2015

Junkanoo, Manjack, and Northbound

Lots of things going on over the New Year.  The Junkanoo celebration at Green Turtle Cay was aweseome.  The parade went on into the evening and the party continued well into the night.  Thhe night before, New Years Eve, is a bit of a blur.  

Sailed north to Manjack and met up with another sailor Erik and his girlfriend Jen.  Erik (26) has been aboard a 29ft sailboat on and off since he was 19 and is a wealth of knowledge about boat related things.  We all had a fish fry on the beach last night.

I've done a little exploring on Manjack in the dinghy.  There are some cool mangrove creeks that snake their way through the island.  They're full of green turtles and grey snapper of all sizes. 

Erik and Jen and I are thinking of usng this fresh SE wind to sail NW about 22 miles to Allens-Pensacola Cay.  These are Islands we have never explored.  They are uninhabited, so much more solitary.  I am a little low on gas, but I may be able to pick some up at Cooperstown, just north of Manjack.  

Weather has been great over the last few days.  SE wind anywhere from 5-20mph and mostly sunny skies.  I figured I'll stay further north until the next W or N wind comes rishing in and use that to go back the way I came.   

All is well!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment