Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Back in the Sea of Abaco and ready for more!



Just got back from a 10-day trip in Kansas.  Felt nice to eat all of the wonderful food and take virtually endless hot showers.  It is also great to have such a supportive group of family and friends to come home to and spend time with, and I enjoyed every minute of it.  Also got to renew my visa on the way back and bring some much needed supplies to the boat. 

Meadowlark was right where I left her on her mooring at Man O War Cay, boredly swinging around and waiting for me to return.  For one reason or another the main outbored is not staring electrcally as she was when I left her, but fortunately, it is just as easy to pull-start.  It will give me something to ponder for a few days.  To save a little bit of money, I left the mooring for the north end of the Island where we sit now broadcasting our position with an array of christmas lights.  


The weather is nearly perfect tonight with winds NW at 5-10mph with a 1-2ft chop on the Sea of Abaco, and the forecast is favorable for more of the same for the forseeable future.  There are more cruisers here now than there were when I left for the states and I'm looking forward to meeting many of them.  My tentative itinerary involves moving NNE on Saturday towards my new favorite spot at Green Turtle Cay.  Until then, Meadowlark and I will enjoy the warm sun and calm, protected seas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment