Thursday, December 25, 2014

Crazy Couple of Days...and Nights.

First of all, sorry for not posting last night.  I remember trying to but it didn't work out apparently.  

Yesterday up late in the morning, headed north about 45min to Cocoa Bay and dropped the hook in soft sand.  Wind was a bit uncomfortable where I was being SW 10-15, but the bay offered good protection.  Took the dinghy into a nearby cut into the Atlantic and picked up some conch to bring to dinner that night.  Fried them up in coconut oil with a curry-based batter.  Delicious.

  
Had a few cocktails with folks in Cocoa Bay and then headed to Sundowners of course.  A few hours passed by, and the details are now too blurry to make out.

Today I sailed back to New Plymouth for Christmas dinner at another friends' house.  Had a bit of an issue with this 4ft long flag at the masthead getting wrapped up.  Long story short, I had to tear down and destroy my Christmas lights in order to somewhat free the flag.  Bummer.

Dinner was amazing, and I'm not just saying this because I generally eat like crap on the boat.  There was an absolute feast of turkey, wine, stuffing, potatoes, casseroles, pies and salads.  I'm immeasurably grateful fore hospitality I have been given over the last two days.  After dinner, I took the dinghy over to sundowners.  I bought 1 out of 6 beers I drank tonight.  There are at least four groups of  families and friends here inviting me for New Years Eve festivities and it is quite the luxury having to pick and choose which ones to attend.  

Weather is now calm and very comfortable at Green Turtle Cay, and the forecast leaves me optimistic for the next few days.  Starting to look like I'll be here for New Years Eve and I'm already looking forward to it.







No comments:

Post a Comment