Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Marsh to Lubbers Cay

Up at 0900 in Marsh Harbour to glassy conditions.  Madee a cup of coffee and headed east to Lubbers Cay.  Figured with N-NW winds coming my way I could get some protection, a change of scenery and a place where I can't spend any money.

Approaching Point Set Rock to starboard shortly after leaving Marsh Harbour

Shortly after arriving I went diving near Tilloo Cut and found some conch.  Since I also saw a few decent Mutton Snapper down there I thought I'd use the conch skin as bait.  After 45 minutes or so of fishing I caught something pretty sizeable, only for it to cut through the monofilimant (probably a barracuda, but ya never know).  

Marsh Harbour top right, Lubbers Cay in center, Elbow and Tilloo Cay at bottom with the cut dividing the two.  

So anyway, cracked conch for dinner along with some fresh coconuts for cocktails.  Wind is now N at 10mph with a building light chop on the Sea of Abaco.  No idea what the plan is from here.  All is well!


No comments:

Post a Comment