Friday, July 11, 2014

Too much to cover in the last week or so.  Tropical Storm Arthur decided to stick around for a couple of days over the Abacos and gave me about 6 inches of rain.  Continued to rain for a couple more says nonstop so I was in the cabin for most of it.  Boat did just fine, even though I was in an unprotected anchorage at Green Turtle Cay.

Went north to Manjack Cay for a couple of days and fed stingrays, sharks, and turtles.  Very cool.  Also found some conch and tried my hand at cleaning one.  This will take some more practice ;).  Since I had the entire island to myself for most of the time, I did a little exploring and furiously battled the mosquitoes  There is not enough DEET in the world.


Patiently waiting for squid.  One did accidentally bite me (since I put my damn fingers in its mouth), but no biggy they don't have big teeth and I could tell it was sorry.

 
Decent Cero Mackerel caught just off of Whale Cay on the way to Guana Cay.  Tasted pretty good too.


So now I'm anchored in Fisher's Bay, Guana Cay.  Just up the hill is Nippers, the everyday party venue in the Abacos.  I'm bound to head up there pretty soon, just hoping the budget holds out (it wont).

Now that internet is more readily available in this area, I'm going to try to post every day for a while. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment